After an amazing 21 years under the leadership of Dr. John Wiebe, the time has come for the next person to lead our organization. The Edmonton Youth Choir and Edmonton Children’s Choir executive boards are looking for choral leader(s) to further develop our program and carry on our legacy of choral excellence and dedication to the community. Our executive boards are strongly situated to lead us through this process and we look forward to the exciting changes ahead!
Application Closing Date: January 31, 2022
- Conductor – Youth Choir
- Executive Artistic Director – Edmonton Youth & Children’s Choirs
These positions may be combined into one position or split into two positions, depending on the qualifications of the applicant(s).
The Conductor and Executive Artistic Director will oversee all matters related to the management of a leading youth and children’s choir organization. The successful candidate(s) will represent EYCC in the community, establishing positive relationships with donors, families, and community stakeholders.
The Conductor of the Youth Choir will be responsible for recruitment, repertoire selection, rehearsal planning, performance planning and execution, tour and retreat planning, and social activities.
The Executive Artistic Director will be responsible for budget planning, fiscal oversight, advertising and promotion, seasonal concert planning, administrative oversight, artistic staff management and fundraising and grant applications.
- Passion for working with youth and children, with a strong belief in and understanding of the benefits of performance-based music education
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (preferred) in Choral Conducting, Vocal Performance, or Music Education or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated command of vocal and choral methods and techniques, rehearsal management, pedagogy and conducting
- Demonstrated ability to coach individual singers in a rehearsal setting and create a collaborative and inclusive choral community
- Detail oriented, excellent time management, strong communication, organization, and logistical planning skills
- Supporter of community arts outreach and education
- Willingness and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Engaging and articulate public spokesperson who will enhance the profile of the organization
Compensation and Hours:
Hours will be flexible but must accommodate evening and weekend rehearsal and performance schedules, tours, and board meetings. Compensation for this role is commensurate with experience.
Please indicate in your submission which position or positions you are applying for and submit completed application and/or résumé by midnight, Mountain Time, on the closing date to:
The Edmonton Youth & Children’s Choirs
Please note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Board of Directors will require a criminal records check and proof of immunization for COVID-19. The Edmonton Youth & Children’s Choirs are committed to an inclusive work environment and encourage all qualified individuals to apply.